Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I know I said it was Spring...

Just as you thought it was Spring Banff goes and lays another 13cm of snow on you. Somebody once said to me in Banff its winter 8 months of the year and something else for the rest! I have no idea..

Anyway Taki and I went up to Sunshine Village for the morning to enjoy the fresh snow and get some exercise/boarding in. I ended up in a huge pocket of powder and had to take my board off I was stuck. I did this massive face plant and snow ended up everything in my goggles, down my shirt. Ugh I really need to buy some better powder protecting clothes with the amount of times I fall over.

We picked up two hitchhikers on the way there a couple of guys from Ontario. We also picked up some guys on the way back who were from Victoria, Australia. They seemed pretty interesting they both had waterski instructor jobs for the summer in Toronto.

I've had a few flatmate issues lately so I'm not sure whats happening. We really dont have the money to rush off east and I hate to dig into my Aussie savings. Alaska & my sister kind of wiped us out! Hopefully we can ride this issue out and stay in Banff till June/July. Really have to move on soon though..

No comments: