Saturday, January 25, 2014

Looking forward to stuff



Philippines write-up still coming…slowly.

Got my first Airbnb guest tomorrow. When Sandra moved out mum wanted to rent the room out but I told her we should give Airbnb a try since my mother is super fussy and difficult to live with. At least with Airbnb guests if you don’t like them then they are gone after a week or so. Also you make a little more money so you don’t need to constantly rent out the room. My friend Brooke has had mixed successes with it but I thought I would try it out myself for a year and see how we go. The first guest is an Australian woman who worked as an ESL teacher on Manus & Christmas Island. What a strange coincidence am I right? Of course I can’t wait to get a first person opinion of what goes on behind the scenes of some of the most controversial places in Australian politics. She is also learning Persian! And since I know a little Persian myself I am looking forward to practicing. Watch this space for a couchsurfing turned Airbnb experience review!

In other outsidedarwin news I am heading outside Darwin. The accounts chick at my work said “Man you are queen of holidays!” Well… I certainly don’t live to work that’s for sure. I’m off to NZ to watch two amazing friends tie the knot in Wanaka and then spend two weeks exploring what I am told is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Let’s be honest every country has beauty you just need to be open to seeing it.

It looks like it will be a combination of hiking, diving and seeing old friends. After the wedding I’ve booked in for a two night three day hike across the Routeburn track. Then I head back to Queenstown for a few days before flying to Wellington. I then head up to Taupo to catch up with Hamish who used to stay with us in 2013 hopefully talking him into driving north and doing some scuba diving with me. After that fingers crossed I can swing a night in Auckland to party with Matt an old school gaming friend of mine from as far back as 2007. I can’t remember if we ever played StarCraft together. Then finally back to Wellington to hang out with Sam a kiwi Heather & I met drunk on the streets of Banff, Canada who then came by my house at 7am in the morning for pancakes before a day of snowboarding. 

So yea life is kind of interesting right now. Got a lot to look forward too.

No comments: