Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween is my new favourite holiday!

Well I am making some kind of good progress at my job. I have met some strange people. This one lady who I was booking rooms for sent me a picture of her and Joan Jett. (yes I had to wiki it to) apparently she is friends with her manager. Her music is old but good!

Halloween was an awesome night. It was my first real halloween since growing up in Australia nobody really celebrates it. When we were kids living in Melbourne mum used to hold wicked halloween parties. Of course Halloween has changed a lot because back then it was about being as scary as possible now its about being as obscure or sexy as possible. So I talked this guy Sam from NSW into coming out with me. The only reason I knew him was because two or three months earlier I had booked his dad into a room and his dad told me his son was coming to Banff to work and I said send me an email and I will see what I can do. So Sam had just got in from a 54 hour busride and I dragged him out because...well its Halloween ffs!!

My costume was Commander Keen and for those of you who know who that is. Yay. For those of you who dont well its a really old video game back in the days of DOS and Windows 3.1. About two people recognised who I was and demanded photos. My helmet was made from paper mache and was way to big for my head so I was dancing all night and it kept slipping down.

But I had an awesome time overall halloween is so much fun. Everyone is really friendly and open there are so many amazing costumes. People over here really get into it. I cant wait for next year!

Other then that my life in Canada has come to a real standstill. Ski season is just around the corner and it is to cold and wet to do much else. Although there has been barely any snow around here. I'm excited to start learning how to snowboard and maybe even ski eventually. I predict my days off to be spent on the slopes, until I break my legs or something.
Here are some photos of Halloween night! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=67539&id=585873948

No comments: