Monday, September 9, 2013

Goodbye, AGAIN!



Well the weekend is over and we have a new prime minister. Tony Abbot of the Liberal Party is now running Australia. Not the outcome I would have liked at all but what can you do. I could think about seeking political asylum in another country, one that actually honors its humanitarian rights, maybe Sweden.  I think I was lulled into a false sense of security that the Australian voter would actually vote with their brains and not with their eyes closed. My facebook is full of intelligent insightful people of all different political persuasions but at least they had an educated opinion which is more than I can say for the majority of voters. The curse of compulsory voting.

Now despite the depressing news of a conservative backwards moving government winning power I had a really good weekend. I was once again surrounded by some really beautiful people to spend my time with. Young serious Luke who I have had the pleasure to get to know over the last few months is heading off on his next adventure back to Port Lincoln in Adelaide. Again its that time of the year when all the people I met over the dry season slowly dissipate and move south or leave the country. The point is they leave and it sucks.  We had a party for his farewell at my house and a bunch of colorful characters were in attendance. I was in true form very very drunk but I still managed to keep my eyes open till 4amish before crashing out hard on my bed.

I hate saying goodbye and I seem to be doing it all the time. Darwin is a bit like that though it takes a certain type of person to live up here you really do love or hate it when the weather switches. I hate meeting awesome people than watching them ride off into the sunset. I’m going to miss Luke a lot he is just one of those really cool genuine people.  Hey I wish him all the best.

This might be one of those blog posts about nothing, I was trying to have a deeper meaning and philosophy like a lot of my other posts but I couldn’t really think of anything that I haven’t already said. I did mention that I say goodbye A LOT. But I also wanted to write that I’m really going to miss you Luke :D

No comments: