Thursday, September 5, 2013

Its ok to be single in your 30s unless your a girl....



Forgive me for taking a step outside of the kitchen to write this particular blog post. My inner feminist is a little bit angry. Why?  Does it have to do with the complete and utter idiocy of the voting public? Well yes that’s probably one reason I am angry but doesn’t really have anything to do with my inner feminist. No it came today when I was having a political discussion with a very intelligent friend of mine and during the debate he said “Why are you still single?”

Why am I still single…. because seriously any female who is smart, attractive and interesting shouldn’t be single hell there must be some deep hidden issues under her smiling façade if she made it to 30 without snagging herself a man.

Fuck you society, this is the fourth time in the last three days I’ve been asked why I’m single. Its not even flattering in fact it’s the opposite. If you see a single, successful, attractive man in his 30s do you ask him why he is single? Do you think there must be something wrong with him that he hasn’t found a wife yet? Why do we still continue to believe that a women’s ultimate life plan is to settle down with a nice man and pop out babies yet men who hang on to singledom longer are revered and respected? I’ve been single for 80% of my life, I didn’t even have my first relationship until I was 22 and its not because I don’t have options or that I’m psychologically damaged. No I’m single because I choose to be, because I’m happy with who I am and where I am. That doesn’t mean I’m not open to finding love it just means that I don’t need it but if I find it then well awesome.

No comments: