Sunday, February 20, 2011

a busy week of hosting.

I have an influx of surfers coming in the next week which is good timing with the Cyclone & clean-up last week it was nice to have the time to myself but I’m looking forward to immersing myself into the travelling lives of others once again. The weather looks to be clearing up and it will be nice to have a day, or two of sunshine! I miss the sun. On Thursday we were 300mm of a February record rainfall. There is still a week to go and it rained all weekend!

So incoming I have Diana from Indonesia, despite the close proximity she is my first surfer from Indonesia. Then Seamus a guy from Belgium who is about to embark on a hitchhiking trip around Australia. Jenna and her partner Brian from Canada (I love Canadians!!!) and last but not least Paul and his girlfriend from Australia. Paul is a musician playing in one of our local clubs.

If the weather is nice I will probably head out to get the hilux a little dirty with some 4wding in the mud. One of the best things about the wet season. I also have my CS meeting at Duck’s nuts on Sunday. Its going to be a busy week I think.

What exactly do you look for when you browse peoples profiles to find a place to surf? I offer a mattress on the floor with a fan if your lucky and I still get tons of requests. But I think my place can be a little unique sometimes. There is one guy in Darwin who gives people an air-conditioned room, with a queen bed and makes a little welcome gift as well as feeding them. I guess living at my house is sort of coming into a gypsy commune. My adventures are a little out of the ordinary, from snake-catching to playing in the mud, to scottish dancing with my mum (not me but surfers have gone). I don't offer the comfort of your own hotel room but I do have a really relaxed friendly lifestyle and many people have commented on how happy they are at my place. My german couple last week said it was like home. They even called my mum Mara-Mum. My adventures are a little whack and I can't wait for the dry again I think I will be camping every second weekend.

No comments: