Tuesday, January 19, 2010

La La Land.

Working a 50 hour week, snowboarding and then adding a bunch of partying in the mix wore me out. I am pretty much done, so what do I do on my day off? Uh one of the most epic powder snowboarding days of the season.

Anyway backtracking on Wednesday I worked till 11pm and then took Claire and Rob to the hippy house. It was a pretty epic night, I ended up on the couch talking to this guy Alex most the night but Claire and Rob danced around. We partied till about 6am. We were up and out the door at 10am for some snowboarding at Sunshine. Both Claire and I were pretty fucked and spent a lot of time just relaxing by the fire talking shit. Still I had to show rob the hill so I took him up Wawa to the Shaken not Stirred cabin and promptly passed out in the hammock.



Work that night was not fun and I ended up leaving early at 9pm. I think I had one of the best sleeps of my life and didn't even wake up to Heather's alarm I was so dead to the world. Hanging out with Rob and Claire was awesome, I really felt like I'd known them forever and we just got along so well. Saturday I swapped a shift with a girl at work and went out to spend the last night with Claire and Rob which involved more drinking then a 3am bedtime to wake up once again at 8am and drive Rob to the airport. Its kind of quiet with him gone... Claire was saying you have love affairs with the people you travel with and its kind of true so many people I've met along the way that I wish I could know and hang out with forever but its like a week long affair and then I may never see them again!

Sunday night I worked till 11:30pm and then sorted my stuff out for Kicking Horse the next day. I think I maybe got two whole hours of sleep...I was excited about the Horse and worried about not waking up. So my day off I am up at 6am and just boarded all day drinking at 10am. Kicking horse was so bloody amazing first time ive ever been there and just foot high powder I took on some black mogul runs and landed on my ass a lot but had the time of my life. I was boarding with a workmate Wardy and his mates most the arvo. On the bus back I met a nice irish fellow mike.

So getting home and chilling out for an hour I went over to the Magpie to meet Wardy and his mates but lo and behold who should I run into but Alex from the Hippy House. I sat down at the bar and chatted to him for ages till he called it a night at 830pm. Then I sat talking to Brett another Aussie who had pretty much set up shop in Banff. He had some awesome travel stories and gave me a few connections in the US. I really want to work the winter in US next year for my last season. Anyway the bartenders started buying me Jager shots and before I knew it I was passing out and really drunk. Lucky Claire and It Dave had shown up so Dave took me home not after I threw up in the gutter a couple of times. Randomly one of Wardys mates showed back up and was wearing this one piece pajamas asking me to check out his willy because it looked so big. I was way to drunk and confused at this point.

No comments: