Friday, October 23, 2009

P TO THE E TO THE I

I left my host Matt in the wee hours of the Nova Scotia morning, I was ready to get on the road. He was a great guy but I guess our personalities didn't really mesh like the other two. I would not hesitate to welcome him into my home back in Darwin however. I did enjoy my time in Nova Scotia and the weather was amazing I really could have used an extra month there.

I am hideously underprepared for the weather. I left all my winter gear in BC thinking I was going straight to Florida after Ontario to hang out, I have a couple of hoodies and that is it. Oh and my famous hamburger toque. PEI is freezing, its raining and all I have is a hoody...

I am staying with the extended family of my first couch surfing experience Cynthia. She and her husband Randy hosted Brendan and I on our way to Alaska and then also on the way back. She is originally from PEI so she decided to fly in and see her family and hang out with me at the same time. I originally joined couchsurfing to save a little money since we traveled to Alaska in march and camping was out of the question, also hotels were around $100 a night! Yet it all changed for me because the people I met and the experiences I have had now have me choosing locations to visit depending on the people I will stay with. I have made some friends I plan to keep in contact with forever. I admit that not everyone I mesh with but like I said its quality over quantity and couch surfing is the way to travel for me. I have never had a bad experience. I really cant wait till I am home and hosting myself.

Anyway enough rambling, I am staying in PEI for a couple of days. I haven't decided yet if I will leave Saturday or Sunday. I will cross the Maine border Sunday and stay in Bangor but I was considering heading back to Fredericton to party with Charles (my CS friend) on the Saturday night (depending of course on his schedule). Fredericton is on the way to Maine. I guess I will decide tonight. I also don't know what to do after Maine, straight to NYC or stop in New Hampshire, Massachusetts along the way.. I dont know what there is to see at this time of the year.

I did a little hike in Cape Jourmaine to see the famous PEI bridge and some nice coastline. I haven't really done much else just relaxing. The weather is pretty miserable.

No comments: