Friday, November 6, 2009

Virginia Beach, Savannah, FLORIDA!

The drive from New York City to Daytona Beach, Florida I have actually done before and stopped in DC on the way.. there wasn't a lot I wanted to see on the East Coast however this time I was also driving by myself and I really hate doing more then 700/800km a day.

I ended up deciding on Virgina Beach the first day mainly because I found a good couchsurfing host I knew I would get along with, he had been all through South America and I plan to be going there next year. Anyway I was right he was awesome. He took me out so I could watch the Yankees game and then we stayed up talking and swapping music till the wee hours. I checked out the beach but it was nothing special to me..

Savannah I was stopping through as Cynthia (my first couch) recommended it as a place to be, I was definitely not disappointed. I had another great host Felicia and she took me on a walking tour of Savannah which was beautiful.. I really love architecture especially old styles and Savannah just has some amazing beauty to it. There was a movie filming there as well with Justin Long & Robert Redford we started sticky beaking but didn't see anyone famous.

So now I'm in Ormond Beach which is about 20 minutes from Daytona staying with my Aunty & Cousins. Its nice to relax for a bit, I had to pick up two suitcases Brendan and I left behind last year on the beginning of our backpacking journey and completely emptied the Jeep to give her a much needed clean! Also took the Jeep in for a much needed oil change. The 4wd is not working either which sucks because I will need it in the mountains since its winter now. I could use a car saavy male right about now.

One frustrating thing about America is they always seem to want my zip code and if I dont have one freak out like its the end of the world.. At the Jeep service centre the guy had my license and knew I was from Australia yet still asked me for my zip code. I did give him my Aussie postal code and he says "that wont work" well what you think in Australia we use the same fucking thing as you... argh

No comments: